Monday, August 4, 2008

Way past Childhood.

A 18 year old young lady, like myself, shouldn't worry about curfew or bullshit rules. Now, I am not yet an adult but I AM not that little girl I used to be, a child I am Not. I shouldn't be scolded like some kind of dog that pissed on "Mommie's new rug". I want to be able to get out and have fun without coming home having things taken away from me like some 13 year old. I want to move out & be on my own with my partner but they hold me back from "making a big mistake" according to them.
Parents only want the best for their children, but you can't always pick them up when they get hurt. A girl needs to learn from her mistakes, not having Mommy & Daddy to TRY and prevent them. Wouldn't that be cheating out life? Things will happen if they are bound to no matter what. I just wish they'd take a walk in my shoes for once.
I love them both dearly and I don't no what id do without those two but I wish they would just let go.

1 comments:

tishiannae said...

/I'm way past childhood too but its a hard life out there, trust that. Moving out isn't the answer, honestly, your parents are good to you compared to some other people. Though you want them to be in your shoes, I wish you can be in someone elses who has it far worse then you. You'd start to appreciate the curfews & the occassional scoldings. I love you & I don't want you to end up in regret. Like I told you before: if yours always worrying about the future, or even worrying at all, you'll miss out on what life offers.

ily <3